Water sprinkling is allowed from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Even numbered premises on even numbered days of the month and odd numbered premises on odd numbered days of the month. Click here to go to the CRD’s watering restrictions page for further information.
Wanted — your nominee for 108 Citizen of the Year for 2020.The winner will be announced at the 108 AGM on April 7, 2021. For information about previous winners check out our web site Recognition page. Click here for the nomination form. Please send your nominee’s name together with your reasons for nomination to 108RCA@gmail.com or mail it to 108 Mile Ranch Community Association, Box 85, 108 Mile Ranch, BC V0K 2Z0. The deadline for nominations is March 5, 2021.
Click here to view the 108 Mile Ranch Community Hall Covid-19 Safety Plan.
Click here for current information from the Province of British Columbia and Covid-19.
The AGM for the 108 Mile Ranch Community Association was held March 4, 2020. Click here to review the minutes.
The Annual General Meeting was held on March 4, 2020. Click here to view the 2019 Financial Statement.
Here’s a list of our road names, their sources and First Nations meaning. It’s not complete – can you fill in the blanks? Contact Sandy Foster on our Facebook page if you can add the missing information. Click here for a map of the 108.
- Annaham Crescent – Big chief
- Anzeeon Road – Running deer
- Beeryew Court -?
- Block Drive – Henry and Arthur Block
- Bryan Crescent – J.C. Bryan
- Canium Court – What’s the matter?
- Canium Road – ?
- Chaladen Court – Beaver run
- Chilcotin Crescent – ?
- Chintu Court – ?
- Cumsu Place – ?
- Davis Road – Fred Davis was a previous owner of the Ranch area
- Donsleequa Court and Road – Evergreen Forest
- Easzee Drive – Where the sun goes down
- Gloinnzun Crescent, Drive and Place – Smiling valley
- Gutman Court – Mike Gutman, Block Bros. pilot
- Hansen Court – Olaf Hansen and Hansen family
- Hickling Road – ?
- Kallum Drive – Sunset
- Kemmi Crescent – ?
- Kinncum Place, Road, Road North and Road South – Dwellers of the sea
- Kitsum Court – Village
- Kitwanga Court, Drive and Place – Goat crossing
- Kyllo Drive – Grant Kyllo, Block Bros. VP in charge of 108 development
- Latham Road – ?
- Litwin Place – ?
- Mackay Crescent – Colin Mackay, president of Terra Irrigation on golf course
- Meesquonas Trail – Trail
- Meesquono Trail – Trail
- Mein Road – Al Mein, assistant to 108 VP (probably Kyllo)
- Moneeyaw Road – ?
- Monical Road – Monical family and Len Monical was an original partner
- Parker Court – Don Parker, golf course superintendent
- Peasim Court – ?
- Pierreroy Court and Crescent – Jim Pierreroy, Block Bros. foreman; Family of kings
- Plateau Road – (probably a location name?)
- Qua Place – Fearless one (the eagle)
- Scott Road – ?
- Shillinay Place – ?
- Smith Road – Dick Smith, who was a part of Monical’s ranch and later part of the early development team.
- Stewart Road – Mel & Morgan Stewart did the land surveys at the 108
- Sussnee Road – Bear trail
- Taneeyah Road – Moose
- Tattersfield Place – Phillip Tattersfield, landscape architect designed golf course
- Telqua Drive – ?
- Thompson Road – ?
- Wawpuss Place – ?
Congratulations to Ingrid Meyer who has been selected as the 108 Citizen of the Year. For more details, click here for the 100 Mile Free Press story.