The AGM for the 108 Mile Ranch Community Association was held March 4, 2020. Click here to review the minutes.
The Annual General Meeting was held on March 4, 2020. Click here to view the 2019 Financial Statement.
108 AGM, March 4th, 2020 at 7 p.m. at the 108 Mile Ranch Community Hall.
Just a reminder that on recycling weeks in September through the end of November garbage will be collected first on Thursdays followed by recycling in the afternoon. Wednesday collection will remain with garbage collected first. Click here for a printable copy of the collection schedule.
Here’s a list of our road names, their sources and First Nations meaning. It’s not complete – can you fill in the blanks? Contact Sandy Foster on our Facebook page if you can add the missing information. Click here for a map of the 108.
- Annaham Crescent – Big chief
- Anzeeon Road – Running deer
- Beeryew Court -?
- Block Drive – Henry and Arthur Block
- Bryan Crescent – J.C. Bryan
- Canium Court – What’s the matter?
- Canium Road – ?
- Chaladen Court – Beaver run
- Chilcotin Crescent – ?
- Chintu Court – ?
- Cumsu Place – ?
- Davis Road – Fred Davis was a previous owner of the Ranch area
- Donsleequa Court and Road – Evergreen Forest
- Easzee Drive – Where the sun goes down
- Gloinnzun Crescent, Drive and Place – Smiling valley
- Gutman Court – Mike Gutman, Block Bros. pilot
- Hansen Court – Olaf Hansen and Hansen family
- Hickling Road – ?
- Kallum Drive – Sunset
- Kemmi Crescent – ?
- Kinncum Place, Road, Road North and Road South – Dwellers of the sea
- Kitsum Court – Village
- Kitwanga Court, Drive and Place – Goat crossing
- Kyllo Drive – Grant Kyllo, Block Bros. VP in charge of 108 development
- Latham Road – ?
- Litwin Place – ?
- Mackay Crescent – Colin Mackay, president of Terra Irrigation on golf course
- Meesquonas Trail – Trail
- Meesquono Trail – Trail
- Mein Road – Al Mein, assistant to 108 VP (probably Kyllo)
- Moneeyaw Road – ?
- Monical Road – Monical family and Len Monical was an original partner
- Parker Court – Don Parker, golf course superintendent
- Peasim Court – ?
- Pierreroy Court and Crescent – Jim Pierreroy, Block Bros. foreman; Family of kings
- Plateau Road – (probably a location name?)
- Qua Place – Fearless one (the eagle)
- Scott Road – ?
- Shillinay Place – ?
- Smith Road – Dick Smith, who was a part of Monical’s ranch and later part of the early development team.
- Stewart Road – Mel & Morgan Stewart did the land surveys at the 108
- Sussnee Road – Bear trail
- Taneeyah Road – Moose
- Tattersfield Place – Phillip Tattersfield, landscape architect designed golf course
- Telqua Drive – ?
- Thompson Road – ?
- Wawpuss Place – ?
In a news release issued July 17, 2019 the CRD announced its new policy. Click here to read the details.
There appears to have been some major changes at the 108 West Beach since those hot summer days in 1982. What happened?
The tide went out and hasn’t come back. But remember that the Main Beach is in great shape and is waiting for you to visit.
Congratulations to Ingrid Meyer who has been selected as the 108 Citizen of the Year. For more details, click here for the 100 Mile Free Press story.